Sunday, July 5, 2009

Fire in the City - 49-51 Prince Street

New York city always has a lot to offer, but who knew, one day I would be at the right place and at the right time to witness a fire in the city. Before I go on, you should know that no one was severely hurt and the fire was put out rather quickly.

So what happened at 49-51 Prince street?

A fire erupted from an apartment on the fourth floor. How did it happen? The inhabitants of the apartment left the stove on and soon enough a fire started from the stove and stretched out along the cabinets. One of the firemen on the scene mentioned that this was one of the most common causes for fires in the city... So mental note to everyone reading -- make sure your stove is turned off before you leave!

Take a look at my photos and you will witness the event for yourself.

Firefighter tip: If you find yourself in a building that is on fire (and if its a walk-up like this one), exit towards the fire escape!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...